A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I lied.

I lied about a few things. Let's list them in an orderly fashion.


1) I said I'd have my book done by May 31st, 2011, and that my Facebook page for Annika would die that day. Lies. All of it. I'm still not done my novel, and although I have not updated Annika's Facebook page in a long, long time, it's still online.
2) I lied about my characters. Remember how, especially in those first couple of posts, I wrote disclaimers about how this is a first draft, so please don't get upset when things change around and no, there was no warning in the previous chapters? WELL, it's happening now, and I thought I should warn you. 
Remember Sofie? She's not a main character, actually she's quite minor. She's mentioned near the beginning of the book as Jake's sister who died during World War I, and reappears in the second half of the novel. Well, that's lies. Maybe Jake clearly lied to Annika in the beginning about her being his sister, but I have decided that she was never a blood relative or relative of any kind to Jake at all. They were friends. 


Oh, actually, that might be all I lied about. That seems like not a lot when I list it in an orderly fashion. 
Happy reading, people. Expect an actual blog post soon.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh oops, Sofie is his old girlfriend! Silly me.

    Very nice device for providing believable backstory along an interesting bit of intrigues. The number of times you said that they first met, however, left me confused--they married when they were six, "met" and recognized each other when they danced at forteen, but "officially met" at the school???

    Also, this might just be particular to me, but I always assume that stories happen during the night. That is why I found it unbelievably creepy that a giggling teacher called Mr. Peters was to be found alone in the school, waiting for Jake and his pasty.

    Sorry for the gift of mind vomit I just bestowed upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh right and I meant to post this comment to the other June 3rd post. The one with the story in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! All good! Thanks for the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete