A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Chapter 24 (post three)


Pre-note: This is not a very dirty scene, but it may be a little too much for any ten year olds, so don't tell you I didn't warn you.
Chapter twenty-four, section three:
When he slipped his arms around me, I could feel myself melting with his touch.
The blankets were full of wool and down, thick yet soft. I pulled the one up to my chin, laying on the other. Under the stars on the roof, the air had a spring chill to it and Jake snuggled in closer. My hips curved with him, my feet tangled with his. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, where he’d pushed my hair away so he could whisper in my ear, “You’re beautiful tonight.”
I thanked him by eliminating any remaining space between us.
Turning and facing his green eyes, I whispered, “I feel like we haven’t been alone together in forever.”
“It has been awhile.”
“Coffee dates, acting like just friends, it isn’t enough.”
“I know,” he responded, running his hand along my side.
“We should do this more often.”
“I agree.”
Then I couldn’t take his hand running up and down my hips anymore, and I kissed him.
He kissed me back, pulled me closer. I felt my senses come alive, my heart start beating faster. I started losing boundaries – my leg slipped up over his hip. He reacted, his hands pulling me closer to him there. I felt full while so very empty.
We tossed and turned for what felt like forever and no time all at once. Whenever he started anything that made my stomach start to twist, though, I would move his hands back to where I thought they should stay. I wondered if I was teasing, but I kept putting my interests first. Then, once when I had stopped him from traveling up my shirt, I whispered, “sorry” without even thinking. He whispered back, “Don’t be.”
Even if he hadn’t thought about his answer and it was just an automatic response, it still made my chest grow heavier with something I didn’t dare yet label as love. I kissed him thank you. And the next night, up my shirt didn’t seem too far to go.

1 comment:

  1. WELL. Can't comment now--my monitor's too steamed up. <3

    ReplyDelete