A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chapter 24 (post one)


Pre-note: Here's the next section. I know it's slow and is a filler basically to give information, but it's information you need, so read on...
Chapter twenty-four, section one:
“Congratulations,” Cara said to me, sipping a raspberry gingerale and watching Amy and Tyler sway back in forth, his arms wrapped around her waist. “You may just be the first girl ever to get reinvited back into our group of friends.”
My face lit into a smile as my hips swayed to the slow song. Standing on the edge of the dance floor, watching the crowd of paired teens, I could see Lulu dancing with one of the football players she’d been talking to earlier, her eyes closed and his hands conservatively high on her back, and Ella’s head on the shoulder of a redhead.
There was beeping noise and Cara pulled her pink cell phone from one of the large pockets on her black dress. Her eyes skimmed the message before she said with a grin, “You’re back in.”
“Really? How do you know?”
Cara held up the phone. “Amy says so.”
I took the phone from her, reading the glowing screen.
Message fr: Amy
To: Chantel, Ella, Cara
NW back in. Someone invite her to lunch tomorrow. Thx
I passed Cara back her phone. “I’d love to join you for lunch tomorrow.”

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT that Amy sends a text message yet doesn't send a text message (they are watching her dance when they receive a text from her). Hopefully you didn't catch that anyways :P

    ReplyDelete