A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Chapter 24 (post four)

Pre-note: Short section I just wrote. I feel like the writing is not as strong as usual, to say the least. I think it was the hours of essay writing today that killed my creative touch. Oh well, another essay to write tomorrow and then one more month of school! I cannot wait to have spare time to write New Wings instead of essays!
Chapter twenty-four, section four:
Sitting on the roof, with my head on his shoulder, watching the sunset and the clouds dye pink, maybe I should have known it was all too good to be true. But I didn’t then; I was happy.
There was a good couple weeks of this happy, this too-good-to-be-true happy. I was surrounded by the people I thought cared about me, I wore pink nail polish and laughed every day. There were floral dresses worn to the beach and spirit wear worn to cheer on the soccer team, friends always to my left and right. These were the good days, I thought.
Oh the things you give away to get want you want – they are always the things you really needed in the first place. But isn’t that the way it always works? You’ve got to lose something in order to find it? The thing is I thought then that I’d found it, when really I had just lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment