A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Very Very First Version of New Wings (post 2)

Pre-read note: As Writer's Block is still gnawing away at my creative writing ability, and exams and assignments and Facebook are eating away all my time, New Wings has unfortunately come to a standstill. However, because I got over 10 pages views on my other "very very first version" post (which is A LOT for me!) I decided to post another very embarrassing section of that story I began when I was twelve years old. Enjoy the preteen-ness of it all (notice the very bad dialogue and the fragment sentences! lmao!) :)
The very, very first version of New Wings, section one, pg 1-2:
I don't remember what happened after that. It was all black. They moved me to another room while I was passed out. Smaller with white walls and baby blue sheets and blanket on my bed. It felt like a week before I woke up again. Of course, it was only a day.
I woke up to a good smell. When I opened my eyes, it turned out to be a tray with breakfast on it; juice, eggs and toast, beside my bed. A nurse walked into the room, through a door at the left. She was carrying some sort of clothes.
"Good morning, Miss."
"Good morning.''
"I see that you haven't touched your breakfast. You don't like eggs?"
"No, it's not that. I just woke up. I love eggs."
"Ah, I see. Well, you'd better hurry. She wants to see you."
"Who?"
"Mother Earth, of course. I brought you some clothes. A simple blue, knee-length sundress, a pink bra and a pair of underwear. She would like to see you in ten minutes. I will leave so that you can get dressed in peace. I'll be back in five minutes." She placed a dress, some under wear and a bra on a chair beside my bed, and left.
I got out of bed, slipped on my clothes, which proved to be a struggle with my new wings, and drank my orange juice. I tried to eat the eggs, really, but my stomach didn't agree. I took one of the pieces of toast off the plate instead, and took it to the window beside my bed to nibble on. The sky was twice as blue here above this busy city. The nurse walked into my room.
"Hello, Miss. You ready? She wishes to see you."
“I’m ready. But my name is Katherine."
"I must call you Miss until you get your halo, Miss."
"Oh, okay." I said unsurely.
"Now, follow me, Miss. Take your toast with you if you want to, I'm sure She won't mind."
 "I'll leave it here, thanks." I said, placed it back on the plate, and followed her out the door.
She led me out of the room into a long hallway with light blue walls. I followed her around many corners and down many halls. There were lots of people in the halls. All of them wore either white, short dresses and the old fashion nurse hats, like my nurse, or simple white pants and white doctor coats. But, the next hall we turned into, there wasn't anyone. I followed her down this hall, until we came to two, large golden doors. Beside them slept a large fat man dressed in, what looked like, a blue mechanics suit. We stopped about a meter from him.
"Ralph! Wake up! You're on guard duty!" My nurse screamed in his face.
His answer: "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,"
She walked over to him and started to kick him."Arghhhhhhhh! Ralph! Wake up!"
"What? What did I miss?"
"Ralph!''
"What?"
"You're on guard duty! You're supposed to be on the watch!''
I was watching all of this with interest. But what was I suppose to do?
"Umm, Miss?" I said quietly.
"Oh, yes! Ralph, I would like you to meet Miss. I was bringing her to see Her, until I found you. Could please open the door?" She said this with a fake smile.
"Okay, I'll open them. Hey, Miss. How are you?"Ralph said getting up and turning toward me with a smile.
"Fine. Thanks."
Ralph turned to face the door, and pulled out a large ring with, at least, ten keys hanging off, out of his pocket. He selected, what looked like, a rather important key. It was an old gold one, with very beautiful carvings of flowers on it. He placed it in a key hole that had the same carvings as the key around the hole. Ralph turned the key, and we all heard a faint 'click'.
I and my nurse were only about three meters away from the door. But when the door opened, I wished that we were a lot farther away. What came out of that door was a blinding light. So bright that it hurt. But neither Nurse (a nickname I made up for her) nor Ralph seemed affected by the light.
"Aaarrrggghhh!" I cried as I flung my arms in front of my eyes to try to protect them.
“What? Oh, I'm sorry, Miss! I forgot! You see, before you see Her, the light that shines in Her office will blind you. After you meet Her, the light will be like any other, even paler. You must straight ahead, into the light. You can look at the light, it might hurt a bit but, nothing long term will happen to your eyes. Now, go on. I cannot accompany you into Her office. Go on, She's waiting. Don't worry.''

No comments:

Post a Comment