A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chapter 8 (post three)


Pre-note: I am feeling rather discouraged with writing today. I was working on an essay and a dialogue, neither of which are even half decent. I wish I could go back to writing just for fun, where I could mess up and just look back and laugh at it rather than stress about the upcoming due date and how the hell I'm going to fix it. Where posting on this blog was the closest thing to it being graded; when writing was FUN. *sigh* I'm going to go type up messy notes and listen to whiny, depressing Taylor Swift songs now. Here's the next section of my (VERY ROUGH) novel....
Chapter eight (or seven in my books), section three:
When the day came to an end, I met up with Chantel in the garden. She was sitting with two other girls
“Hey!” They called together.
“Hi, guys,” I said.
They welcomed me into their circle easily; introducing me to the girls she was sitting with, whom I recognized from lunch earlier that day.
“This is Cara,” Chantel said as the brunette reached her hand out. I shook it, looking into dark chocolate eyes.
“And this is Amy,” Chantel finished. Amy was a bright blonde, most likely from a bottle. Her nails were perfectly manicured and her hair curled into ringlets.
“Hi,” I said.
 We lapsed easily into school talk, what teachers I had, what classes I liked. They didn’t ask me about where I’d come from or why I’d come here, instead they embraced me like I’d been there all along. This was better, though, since I didn’t have the answers to those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment