A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chapter 11 (post three)

Pre-note: I have no spare time to write and I'm really missing it. 
Chapter eleven, section three:
“Oh my, you really do need some things,” Amy agreed.
We, Cara, Amy, Chantel and I, were standing in my room Saturday. I had told them I needed some more clothes and things, and they had said that they’d try to help me find something to wear next Saturday. I had my clothes spread across my bed, piled and paired into miss-matched outfits. When I had picked them out last week, it had seemed like there was a lot more clothes. Now as we looked for something I could wear to the football game, I came short in the short-short and low-cut department.
“We really should go shopping!” said Chantel with a huge smile.
“We can take my car.” Amy agreed.
“Now?” I asked, remembering I had a credit card tucked away, but something else too.
“Why not?” asked Cara.
“Give me a sec,” I replied. I grabbed my phone and dialled Jake’s number. He was sorry he hadn’t returned my call yesterday, and didn’t mind going to the beach tomorrow instead, but I had another question in mind as well.
“Jake, what’s my spending limit?”
“A thousand a day. The government pays the balance, so just get what you want.”
I almost jumped with joy, but instead I answered calmly, “Ok, thanks.”
I squealed as soon as I hung up the phone. I was the first out the door and down the hall, with my credit card tucked in the front pocket of my jeans.

1 comment:

  1. "I came short in the short-short and low-cut department."

    I needed to re-read to understand, but it's a clever sentence turn-around. Also, "mismatched" and I think I'd pass out if I was told I had a daily thousand dollar budget.

    Anja! You are great! Keep writing!

    It needed to be said.

    ReplyDelete