A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

That's it! I'm just changing the chapter numbers! This is Chapter 11!

Pre-note: SO, just to make you confused, this is actually Chapter 11. I've been posting the chapters based on the numbers they should be, despite the fact I changed them awhile ago now. So the last post was called Chapter 11 (post two), but really in my document, it's Chapter 10, so think of it that way. Basically, don't worry, I haven't not posted anything, it's just that I've changed the numbers on you. Everything is still in the same order. 
Lastly, don't pay too much attention to the "two weeks away" as that may change.
Chapter eleven (otherwise would've been called 12), section one:
I slipped into my seat in the back of English hoping no one noticed I was late. I’d overslept, as I hadn’t turned on my alarm before going to bed at the crazy early time of 6:30 pm.
Amy sat on my left in the paired desks, while Cara sat directly behind me.
“Don’t worry,” Amy whispered, “She hasn’t taken attendance yet.”
I sighed and watched the teacher flip through something one her desk. She hadn’t noticed I was late, or else she was pretending she hadn’t.
I flipped my books open, to make it seem as though I had been here all along, and turned to include Cara in our conversation.
“Sorry I didn’t meet with you guys for dinner,” I said, “I didn’t feel like eating.”
“That’s ok,” Cara replied. “But they did make an announcement last night.”
“What?”
“There’s a boys football game two weeks away,” said Amy, “And our school is invited over to watch!”
“That’s awesome,” I whispered to Cara and Amy.
“Class,” the teacher up front said, and then when no one stopped talking, she cried, “Class! Settle down!”
The chatter quieted down, and I started to copy down whatever the teacher was writing down on the chalkboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment