A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Chapter 22 (post one)


Pre-note: I'm in an odd mood tonight... but unlike my typical odd moods, the words aren't coming. So instead I'm just going to post more of what I've already have. lol. 
Feedback on this section is needed. It's kind of simple "here's some information so I can keep the story going," so let me know how and where I could and should improve it. Thanks. 
Chapter twenty-two, section one:
The time passed like molasses, sticky slow and bitter-sweet.
In the hallways I was still watched. I kept checking to make sure my skirt was straight and my hair was fixed because I figured something was wrong, but I started to realize that it was pointless.
In class I got used to seating in the front row, by myself.
Cara would glance at me and smile, but then she’d turn to face Amy and Chantel again. I would watch Cara’s chocolate brown hair swing and think of Beth, and something in my heart would jerk painfully.
 So when I ran into Lulu after a Biology class, I approached her.
“Hey,” I said, falling into step beside her as she headed out of the classroom.
“Hey, how are you?”
I sighed. “The same. But the dance is coming up soon!” My voice rose cheerfully.
“I am so excited!”
“Do you know what you’re wearing?”
“I think so, but I need to find a pair of shoes.”
“Would you want to come shopping with me?”
“Yes!” Lulu smiled. “I’ll meet you after school and we can head to Sunshine?”
“Perfect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment