A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chapter 15 (post two)

Pre-read author's note: So here's the next section to chapter fifteen. I know I should be studying right now and I honestly will ... soon. I tried to write last night but got nowhere. The section I'm supposed to be writing now is too happy for my mood. I write how I feel, and if I don't feel the way the character is supposed to be feeling, then it just doesn't work out. So I'm getting nowhere in my novel and in my studying. Just great isn't it!  Anyways, enough of my rambling to no one, here the next section.
Chapter fifteen, section two:
I approached Amy countless times, but she’d always walk away. Her entourage would follow then I’d be left by myself, standing awkwardly amongst students walking past staring at me.
I’d never been whispered or gossiped about before, I’d always tried to avoid those terribly clichéd groups of people who would do that to you. It was odd, since before I had not socialized with those people, and here I was outcast, but wanted so badly to be back in. I guess Amy could pass rumours quickly. Students who I’d never met or even seen before whispered behind my back, stared at me as I passed. I heard them say, at one point, that’d I was secretly dating that football player. I turned around to tell those stupid students that what they were whispering about were all lies, but when I looked them in the eyes, they stared at me bug-eyed and I lost my confidence.
Confidence is a funny thing like that. They say you have it or you don’t, but they don’t say how easily it can be taken from you. Maybe I was just never a confident person, but I never felt so low on self-esteem as I did that day.
When the last bell finally rang, I basically ran to my dorm, locking the world out behind me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you know I'm up for a rant any time of the day, Anja.

    Anyhoo, not much to say on the section, but maybe look at your happy-section writing as a little escape to a happy place from studying and it will be easier?

    I wish I could take my own advice. I also wish I was in a writing program right now so I'd actually be writing, then I wouldn't feel like such a HYPOCRITE.

    ...Actually, maybe I'll put up something for beta reading. Would you have time to read it?

    ReplyDelete