A love story for teens by a teen with no love life.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chapter 18 (post one)

Can I just say: GOODBYE EXAMS. HELLO WRITING. :D
As off approximately 52 minutes ago, I am done my December exams!! Which means that although I have a million and one things to do before Christmas, I can probably squeeze in some writing time as well! I am so happy!
Apparently I'm now being dragged off to bake Christmas cookies. So here's the next chapter lol :)
Chapter eighteen, section one:
Sometimes the world just won’t listen.
I know.
I’ve yelled, screamed, swore and bargained with it; sometimes the world just won’t listen.
It didn’t listen to me when I prayed to live as I died. It didn’t listen to me as I prayed to live again as I was dead. It didn’t listen when I asked to see my family again. It didn’t listen when I asked to shed the wings from my back. It didn’t listen when I asked to have a do-over of my life, or a second more of it.
It bothered me I didn’t get to say goodbye.
It never really occurred to me that I wouldn’t get to, that I could be the story in the newspaper, that tragic too-soon death. It never really occurs to anyone, I guess, since you live your life day to day without ever seeing the future.
But life didn’t listen when I asked to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment